Friday, February 14, 2014

WILD MOTION

Over the last year or so this blog has provided me the opportunity to reflect upon intersections between my creative and cycling passions. It has led to many great conversations and some fantastic opportunities. Mostly it has revolved around investigations into tall bikes and their various potentials. It has also set my own context within which to begin examining how these things fit together for me and to begin to look at what sorts of ideas might be tied to them. Often the kinds of questions I return to are ‘Is this art?’ or ‘What kind of art is this?’ These are irritatingly massive questions that rarely have a straight answer. 

What is clear to me is that I continue to be excited by creativity, cycling, adventure, performance and public intervention. These things will always be part of my life and may sometimes even make their way into the things that I choose to present in galleries. So, at this point, I am undertaking a mild rebranding of this blog in order to broaden it’s potential. You can expect to see more of the same things with a bit more variation and extension of ongoing themes. I have chosen the title ‘WILD MOTION’ as I believe it implies many of the things I am excited by – adventure, wheels, movement, creativity, risk, to name a few. This is a simple shift in context that allows me to think about, play with and present a richer bunch of ideas. 

An important objective of this project is that it remains driven by content creation rather than content perpetuation. Stay tuned! 



No comments:

Post a Comment